Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Singing over the Phone!


We had a great prayer meeting! Attendance was low - we had six of us - but it was fun.

On Wednesday nights we each select a hymn of our choice. Then we go around the circle and sing the first verse of everyone's choice. Then Pastor Ken leads us in a Bible study and then we break into groups for prayer. TONIGHT because we have so may "shut-ins" we phoned a different shut-in for each person represented and sang the song to them over the cell phone. Each one we called was so thrilled to be a part of our service, even if they were not there in body. It encouraged them to KNOW that not only do we pray for them, but we truly think of them, miss them and think of ways to keep them involved. It was fun. That is the joy of a small Church - with a loving Pastor. :)

HA . . . I had to apologize to several deaf people today. About a week and a half ago I decided to get MORE organized on my email. I get about 100 emails a day from around the world. SO I directed all the deaf people's emails to go into their own folder instead of the general inbox. Then my brain forget about it. I wondered why they have ALL been so quiet! THEN my brain clicked in today and there they were in their own folders just like I had directed. GULP! They were wondering where I was, all the time I was wondering where THEY were. Life can be funny. Better to laugh at myself than to feel badly.

Three deaf friends informed me they would not be there Sunday and gave a decent reason. BUT another Deaf lady was excited about coming Sunday and asking if we go out to dinner afterwards, etc. I told her that most Sundays we go to the BLUE CRAB since it is near our Church and we do not have alot of time before heading over to the Nursing Home for ministry there. A few hearing couples usually go. A few deaf have come in the past but not often. So she was going to talk to the other deaf and see if they can join the hearing group this week. I LOVE the idea of togetherness - even though I do not get to eat much with all the terping of conversation. I have been in TOOOOO many churches where the deaf and hearing had basically nothing to do with each other. This Church is so very different, and I am so very grateful.

It has been a great day! Thank you Jesus.

No comments: