Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Shocked! Horrified! OH NO!



Last night I was SHOCKED,  ..............HORRIFIED, ...................................... MAJORLY DISAPPOINTED and KICKED myself over and over again.   I had not read  directions and in my ASSUMPTION, I was very wrong and things will never be the same!  No one's fault but my own!   The directions are CLEARLY printed on the label....but I did not read them......and into the washer went  the purple dress that belonged to my mom, that my sister recently gave me to enjoy.

I wore this dress to Church last Sunday and even though it felt big, it felt wonderful to be wrapped in my mom's dress.   It was deep purple so a nice Interpreting color for me to wear.

I came home and put it in the laundry basket.

Yesterday I gathered all the darks and into the washer they went.  When I lifted the lid to put them into the dryer I was HORRIFIED at the sight of my mom's purple dress!  It now was much shorter and the shape was different.  
 
I took it out and in my emotions I pulled and tugged and hoped somehow the dress would magically forgive me and return to its shape.
 
Odd how I also thought:  "Forgive me mom, I know you taught me to read directions."
 
The reality was and remains:  my mom's dress, that I wore once, entrusted to me from my sister, is now a mess and unwearable.  My lack of reading the directions, will separate us forever.  Never again will I be wrapped in this particular dress of mom's.  There is sadness in that for me.
 
Just when I thought the worse of my SELF ANGER had subsided, I went to put away the clothes that had been washed with that dress and then dried.   YES, indeed you guessed it, some of my tops now have purple stains on them!   Not only did I ruin mom's dress, but I ruined some of my favorite tops!
 
 
Those stained tops are NOW in the washer, in hopes that once again magically the stains will release and give me back my tops!   But I may have to loose some tops as a result of my laziness to read!
 
My mom WELL taught me to learn something spiritual from each situation.  I thought of how people everyday ASSUME that they are saved, ASSUME that God would never allow them to go to Hell, ASSUME that their Church attendance will get them to Heaven, ASSUME because they are "better" than many people God will have mercy on their souls.   YET THE BIBLE is clear.   Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven, thru faith in HIM and repentance of your sins. 
 
As awful as I feel about ruining my mom's dress (who is in Heaven therefore anything she wore or touched is earthly precious to me), and ruining a few other tops, it is nothing compared to the price many will pay for not reading THE BOOK.
 
As SHOCKED as I was when I lifted the tinier version of my mom's dress out of the washer is nothing compared to some people who will die and wake up to eternal punishment.  There is DANGER is assuming.
 
  READ the Bible and be SURE that when you die, you will wake up in Heaven.

No comments: