Saturday, August 20, 2011

Earrings in the Wind!



Motorcycle Story from our recent 4,092 mile Vacation Trip from FL to Upper Michigan and back.

For many years now I have chosen to wear the weather guard that zips in and out of the helmet. (Honestly, it looks pretty dumb in FL!) It is designed to shield the rain from going down my neck, and keeps any COLD air away. I personally wear it to protect my hearing. I don’t feel comfortable with the wind blowing into my ears at highway speeds.

HOWEVER on the way back this year it was VERY HOT! We also had pavement heat. Our bodies began to feel the effects of the heat, so I decided I would take off my helmet shield so that more air could circulate. So, on the next stop, I removed the shield and we continued on.

I felt alittle vulnerable as my helmet did not seem to fit as tightly now. I wondered if my chin would hold the helmet on, if we should go down. THEN, I had a terrible thought! I became VERY AWARE of my earrings now swinging freely in the wind! These are not just ANY earrings...they are from my mother! My dad had given them to my mom, and she had worn them everyday….UNTIL her new husband gave her some earrings. She then gave them to me. I have worn them every day since! They are even now MORE precious to me since my mom has passed away. There will be no more gifts from my mom!

NOW those precious earrings are wildly blowing back and forth in the wind as we travel down the road! It was hard for me to concentrate on anything else but my earrings! HOW AWFUL I would feel if I lost them just because I had wanted to be alittle bit more comfortable in this heat! What was I thinking! When we stopped, I was greatly relieved to feel both earrings in place. I thanked God for protecting my earrings and zipped the shield back on.

My protection for my earrings, my hearing and my overall security with the helmet was back in place!

Little ole me, Bonnie, is precious to GOD. He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for me. He sent His Holy Spirit to live in me. He keeps me safe in the hollow of His hand. HE is my Helmet. HIS Word guards my thoughts and reminds me of my value because I am the daughter of the King of Kings!

CHORUS: Safe am I, Safe am I, In the hollow of His hand; Sheltered o'er, sheltered o'er; With His love forever more; No ill can harm me, No foe alarm me, For He keeps both day and night, Safe am I, Safe am I, In the hollow of His hand.

No comments: