Friday, August 26, 2011

HANG ON!



Motorcycle Story written after our vacation trip of 4,092 miles

I have never ridden anything more comfortable than a Goldwing! I am just as comfortable on this Blue 92 Goldwing, as I was on our Red 98 Goldwing we had a few years ago. Most of the time, I hang on to nothing when we ride. I can lean back on the speakers, cross my arms, rub Ken’s shoulders, hold a bottle of water, etc and I am fine. I do have a lovely set of grip bars at my side.

There are moments when I am glad to have the grip bars near me. If a curve is extra sharp or long, I grip the bar. When a semi-truck whizzes by us, I grip the bar. Sometimes when we are passing a vehicle and I feel extra speed, I grip the bar. When we go over a railroad track, I grip the bar and lean towards Ken to avoid a jar to my back. When it is raining, I grip the bar. In situations where I need just alittle bit more security, I grip the bar.

NOW ....HERE IS A REVELATION:

The grip bar is attached to the bike!

So in reality, it is not a lot of protection! If the bike goes down, hanging on to the grip bar will not keep me upright on the bike. It just makes me FEEL more safe!

My faith is in Ken who does not have a grip bar, but has all the controls needed to ride the roads as safely as possible. My comfort is knowing that we are together. Should the bike go down, we go down together. He is not somewhere alone, and neither am I. We ride together, to be together!

And should we fall, our faith is in Someone with ultimate control of our lives – JESUS. We have given Jesus ownership of our lives. We have even dedicated our bike to Him. We are HIS. So …Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.

Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go;
Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am NOT afraid.


Anywhere! Anywhere! Fear I cannot know;
Anywhere with Jesus, I can safely go.


Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone,
Other friends may fail me, He is still my own’
Though His hand may lead me over dreary ways,
Anywhere with Jesus is a house of Praise.


Anywhere with Jesus over land and sea,
Telling souls in darkness of salvation free;
Ready as He summons me to go or stay,
Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way.


{The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration, page 467}

“Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

1 comment:

Darlene said...

I love this...thanks for sharing!