Sunday, September 4, 2011

Vanity, Vanity, ALL is Vanity



Motorcycle Story from our 2011 vacation of 4,092 miles to Upper MI and back to Florida.

I LOVE to ride our Motorcycle. Ken can suggest a ride almost anytime, anywhere and I will gladly agree to go on the motorcycle versus the car. I love everything about the motorcycle: the fresh air, the togetherness with my hubby, the time it gives me to think, reflect, pray, sing or just SIT. Ken puts on wonderful Christian music and it is like one big praise concert as we ride along.

Did I say I love “everything” about our cycle? That is not exactly honest. Like ministry, marriage, family or life in general, there are things that remind me that I am “short of the glory of God.”

I have always had an issue with my hair, when I take off my helmet! We can have a great ride, but when we stop somewhere, I dread taking the helmet off. I am self- conscious of my new wild hairdo. I have tried using different kinds of soft curlers (makes for a very SORE head), and hair nets but nothing seems to help.

SO why do I fret about such matters? Ken thinks I am beautiful and isn’t his opinion the only opinion on earth that should matter to me? Why should I allow something so frivolous to keep me from enjoying our ride?

“Lord, forgive me for my pride. I know YOU love me no matter what my hair looks like, what color it is, what length it is, or what style it is! Help me to be content with myself, knowing YOU love me, and that truly is more than enough!”

No comments: