Sunday, October 9, 2011

So little, So painful!



Ken and I had planned to take a rather short motorcycle ride this last week to visit with Charlie and Patsy at Anna Maria Island where they were having a family gathering. We were eager to meet Charlie’s 95 year old mom, and also his sister Kathy whom we have prayed so much for in recent times. Patsy’s brother was there too. [Charlie’s sister and Patsy’s brother are married- kinda neat, hey?] So in anticipation of riding only a couple of hours, I thought about my hair issue and made a decision. I put my hair up near the top of my head so when I took it down, it would have ‘body’ instead of flat.

For the first hour, all was fine...but shortly after that my head began to ache. I found myself moving the helmet around in hopes that it would soothe the pain quickly intensifying at the top of my head. I have never wanted Ken to speed before….but I was tempted to tell him to go alittle faster. I was MIGHTY happy when we arrived. Without hesitation, I took off my helmet and took my hair down immediately. There, in my hand, I held the irritant: A small black stretchy hair bob.

They come in a package of about 50 and cost very little. They have a purpose indeed, but to be under a helmet is not one of them. Who would have ever dreamed that little thing could cause such pain.

We are all aware of how much pain sin can cause in our lives and in our families. It doesn’t’ have to be a big one. A wrong look, or an unwise word...can cause alot of pain in a relationship in a marriage, in a family.....or in a church. We all need to be careful with what we THINK, say and do.

No comments: