Friday, January 6, 2012

A Special Gift for a Special Young Lady



One of our precious Grand-daughters was turning three. I asked her daddy if she was still in love with "Dora"...he said "No", she has started an interest in Barbie dolls.

IMMEDIATELY...my mind knew what I wanted to purchase for my grandaughter for her 3rd birthday. I asked my husband to join me in searching for the sign Language Barbie. I know I have one, but it is packed in storage somewhere, or I would have sent her mine. Surprised to see that it is now a vintage doll so the price was more than I would ever pay for a Barbie for a 3 year old....but she is precious, and this doll has such meaning.

You see, I am a deaf interpreter, so our family has been giving the "I Love you" sign to each other since they were born. Our grandchildren ALSO know the meaning of the hand sign.

Sometimes.....there is no price limit to a gift you know has special meaning. I told her to think of Grandma when she looks at Barbie's hand. I asked her to always remember that her grandma loves her.

Special Gift for a Special young lady.

No comments: