Saturday, September 22, 2012

He unpacked my Suitcase

Have I told you lately how thankful I am for a LIVING God!   Last night my Lord woke me up about 3:00 and then did most of the talking while I listened.  He created me as a visual learner, so He had  a suitcase for me to see.  And He began to unpack it while He talked.  He thanked me for being willing and eager all these years to serve as a Foreign Missionary.  

Background:  Since I was a little girl I wanted to be a Missionary for Jesus. Ken and I did a couple of short term trips and LOVED THEM! Always expected the Lord to swing open the door to go abroad. Always thought it would be in a spanish speaking country because that language is the most familiar to me.  We named our children names that would easily translate into Spanish.  Long ago, back in college, I felt drawn to a place called Botswana, Africa.  A place I have never placed my feet, and yet have prayed for the people there over the years.  It didn't really matter to me where, I just wanted to be a Missionary for Jesus!
 
 Yet year after year God has led Ken and I to  serve Him in the USA. , and I have done so joyfully (most of the time). I will serve HIM anywhere.  I mean that, and yet the YEARNING to go abroad has been strong. Missionary conferences are especially hard for me, as I am JUMPING up and down before Lord, saying "TAKE ME, TAKE ME."  Yet year after year God keeps us here in the USA.
 
When God woke me up this morning, He shared many examples of how our lives HERE have been of service to HIM.  He showed me the mission field of Sebring, Florida where we are now placed.  For a moment in time, I saw thru HIS eyes. 


Then together we unpacked that dream of going elsewhere.

  •  I was very much  aware that God truly does know what HE is doing! 
  • I was very much  aware that God places us where HE wants us!
  • I was very much aware that GOD loves me!
  • I am very much aware that there is MUCH for this Christian to do, right here in Sebring, FL......where God has placed my husband and I. 
I was thankful to see He did not throw my suitcase away, but closed the empty suitcase and put it to the side.    So maybe someday He will re-assign us....but for now, I have a fresh skip in my stride as I serve HIM here.

No comments: