Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I MISSED IT!

I MISSED IT!

I was VERY disappointed with myself! 
 
I wanted to watch this special RED MOON eclipse! 

My hubby and I went outside  and looked at the MOON several times during the late hours of the night.   It simply looked like a full moon to us with a RED  glowing ring around it.  But that was not the eclipse part.  We knew we needed to stay up until 2:00- 3:00 AM to see the eclipse in action.

SO...we made a plan.  
 
We will watch movies on Netflix downstairs IN OUR CHAIRS instead of on our bed, lessening the temptation to sleep. 

 The first movie was about a Church that is about the farthest from our church as you can get!  Not only was it huge, but their was major pride, greed, competition and adultery in the leadership.   With sadness, not entertainment, we watched this video...praying for Churches that are seriously struggling with "sin in the camp" and we thanked our LORD that as of this moment in our time, the leadership of our Church is sweet, loving, dedicated to God, dedicated to their marriage and united.  We counted our BLESSING.

SUCCESS.....we are still awake!  BUT it is not 2:00 - 3:00 yet. 
 
The Second Movie was about a struggling family. The wife was a believer in Jesus, but the husband was not.  They were trying to make a happy marriage, but no matter how hard they tried their interests were very different and they did not understand the actions of the other.  They had two children that kept them together.  At the point where they almost split...tragedy struck their house.  Their daughter had a serious fall and not sure if she would be paralyzed or not.  Like so many times a tragedy will make a couple hold hands, putting aside their marriage issues. The man, like JOB, realizes he is about to loose his family, his business, and anything that means anything to him.  He realizes his life is a mess and he is at fault.  He has tried to DO and LIVE without God.   He goes outside and pours his heart out to GOD, saying he does not want to live one more moment without HIM in his life.  At the end the daughter comes home from the hospital in a wheelchair, but the impression is clear....the family will heal because they are now guided by the SAME God, headed in the SAME direction, and life is no more just about him.    AGAIN the movie was a springboard to pray for those struggling in their marriage, in their family, and we prayed for our family.
 
SUCCESS.....well kinda......we are awake,
but struggling now to stay awake.
It is 1:30 AM
 
We looked at each other and knew we had a full day ahead of us. 
 Together we decided our sleep was more important than seeing this moment of history.
 
THAT was definitely a FATIGUE decision ,
not necessarily the BEST decision!
 
We headed upstairs to get some sleep.
 
 
 
When I woke up............I ran to the window!
 
 
 
 (Well, OK......I carefully grabbed my phone to give me light as I slowly made my way to the window. ha ha)
 
The moon was only missing a sliver on the right, meaning that was the LAST movement of the eclipse.   There was no color.  
 
It was 5:00.  I had missed it!
 
I was disappointed with myself! 
 Why could I not stay awake for this event!
 
I WANTED to see it, but I MISSED it.
 
 
 
I don't always get things done that I plan. 
I don't always make the best decisions. 
I often fail.  I disappointment myself.
I disappointment people. 
 
BUT
 
The greatest decision I ever made was to believe in Jesus, repent of my sins and declare my allegiance to HIM for the rest of my life.  He accepted me into His forever Family!
 
I do NOT have to worry about missing Heaven!
My future is secure in Christ!
 
So whether I enter at my physical death, or via the Rapture,
I am ready!
Waking or Sleeping I will be in the presence of my LORD forever.
 
But UNTIL THEN......I will serve HIM.
 
 One day at a time.
 
Like.....TODAY!
 
 
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in THY sight, O Lord my strength and my Redeemer!

No comments: