Wednesday, September 8, 2010

No Escape!


Our Vacation Vignette
Title: “NO ESCAPE!”

Amid the 4,613 miles I sat quietly behind my husband on our Goldwing, I was able to enjoy A LOT of wonderful scenery. I saw numerous cattle farms and fields of horses. I saw houses small and large. I especially liked the big southern houses with their wrap around porch, complete with empty rocking chairs waiting to be occupied by weary bodies in the cool of the evening. I saw and smelled many kinds of trees and flowers as we road by gardens and lawns perfectly groomed. I saw mountains and valleys, windy, steep, narrow roads, as well as roads where the Semi trucks made me hold onto my helmet when they passed by. But the one thing I could not escape all 4,613 miles was myself! My reflection was CONSTANTLY in the back of Ken’s helmet. Sometimes I would just look at myself and have a mental talk with myself. That is oh so true in life....no matter where we go, we cannot escape from our self. I am so glad that I have become my own friend. I am comfortable in my skin and who I am in Christ. But it was not always so. I challenge you to learn to be comfortable with who you are.......even if it means you need some changes.
Galations 2:20 I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.”

No comments: