Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shadows!


Our Vacation Vignette
Title: “Shadows”


During our motorcycle trip of 4,613 miles, I found ways to entertain myself. In a car I could read a book, take a nap, or work on a computer project, but those are not options on a motorcycle. Therefore, I do a lot of looking around at the beautiful scenery, a lot of thinking and mega uninterrupted prayer time. But in the mornings I was entertained as I watched shadows. First of all, we had a shadow riding beside us for many miles – there we were in flat black moving along silently on the pavement below. What caught my attention was when a Semi Truck would whiz by. His shadow would totally cover us. His shadow slammed into us and totally engulfed us with his dark likeness. I was amused as this occurred time after time. I was immediately reminded of Psalm 23. Death will not destroy the Believer, we will only be smacked by the SHADOW of death, then enter into the presence of our LORD. I also noticed at noon, the shadows were still there, but not easily seen because the sun was overhead. The shadow was UNDER each vehicle. I thought how neat that was. When we are aligned with Jesus, all of our SHADOWS are UNDER our feet, in the name of Jesus!

Psalm 23:4 “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me...”

No comments: