Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What am I doing!


Our Vacation Vignette
Title: “What am I Doing !”


Early on our motorcycle trip of 4,613 miles, I fought with an enemy many of us are familiar with. On and off for the first few days of the trip I would all of a sudden be VERY aware that there was NOTHING to my left, right, or above my head. I was VERY aware that the pavement under my feet was swiftly moving and there was nothing physically to protect me should we go down. It is a paralyzing thought to be on this moving bike with the full knowledge that if you went down, your skin would be scraping against the pavement. I began to envision a car coming at us, or a deer dashing out. I envisioned the bike going down and almost felt myself smashing and becoming one with the pavement. The thoughts began to multiply as my fear overtook me, and then.... I came to my senses. I started quoting a familiar verse that has helped me in many fearful situations over my life. I repeated the verse over and over until a wonderful peace swept over me and the spirit of fear was gone. I can honestly tell you that I did not have one moment of fear on the way home! Thank YOU Lord!

2 Timothy 1:7 “God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

No comments: