Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sermon from my Cupboards!

This is not my first house to have the Fruit of the Spirit stenciled on my kitchen cupboards. I find it challenging, empowering and comforting to walk into my kitchen several times a day and to see the REMINDER of how God wants me to think and act on my kitchen cupboards. When we moved here, I thought I could do without it....but before long I found myself stenciling the familiar words to my cupboard doors.
I am a believer in Scripture and desire the Word of God to be around me and in me as much as possible. I need to be renewed in my mind on a regular basis so as not to return to my old pattern of thinking or acting. I am so thankful for the Word of God, that truly is life changing. His Word changed me and I have no desire to go back to where I used to think or act! In the photo you see some of my kitchen cupboards. "Gentleness" is found under the oven. The others are on the other side of the kitchen. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. -- Galatians 5:22-23 You can see the Fruit on my cupboards, but my prayer is that people can see them in my life!

No comments: