Monday, April 30, 2007

My mom, my sister and I decided to head to KY to be with my brother who is to undergo a heart procedure tomorrow. As we were driving today through beautiful Tennesse I made several observations:

First of all there were MANY cars on the road, every color, shape, style- but each one occupied by at least one human being (dah!). Most cars held a couple, or a family and I couldn't help but wonder where are they going. Are they heading to work? Are they headed home? Are they coming back from getting bad news from a Doctor appointment? Is the couple headed to marriage counseling? Are they coming home from a funeral? Are they going to pick out wedding rings? Are they going to a party?

It all reminded me of LIFE. As each car is different, so is every human being. We all have different shapes, speak different languages, have different personalities, but each going along on the same road of life. Sometimes we pass someone, sometimes we speed, sometimes we get pulled over, sometimes we take an exit, sometimes we stop at the rest area, etc. Sometimes along life's road it rains, or the road goes up or down, winds to the left and curves to the right- but we are all traveling the same path. Some people following the speed limit, but many doing as they please.

I wondered also about what they were doing in their cars to make the travel fun and enjoyable, or did they all say: "Are we there yet?", a dozen times in a mile. Our particular car was filled with singing and chatter. We listened to upbeat Praise Music, listened to a good Biblical challenge on the radio, listened to an audio book about Missionary Burnums and munched on healthy fruit. Just like life, we all have a free will, and yet we all travel down the same road. We choose to make the trip a delight and that is what is was.

I noticed that a mountain towered above us on the left side of our car. The right side of our car was a steep drop-off leading to a valley. Every once in a while, we curved to the left and then the right, we climbed up and then we went down....I noticed villages, towns nestled in the valley below. I spotted an occasional Church steeple too. There were also clusters of houses carefully placed on the mountain. Isn't LIFE the road between mountains and valleys? So many great times, and yet so many challenges....all a part of life. The path of life also bends, curves, winds, never knowing when the next turn will come, but knowing it will come soon. But we have a free will to choose how we will take this ride through life. I personally choose to go through this life with a positive, optimistic attitude for I know my ultimate destination is HEAVEN.

All along the road from FL to KY there were signs announcing the next city and telling us how many miles to go. These were markers that kept us excited knowing we were on the right road and making progess. Earth walk is like that too as we walk each day toward Heaven. We do not know how many miles we have to go, but there is alot of positives along the way to assure us we are on the right road.

Life can be tough. Life can be challenging. But life is good because we serve an awesome God.

My mom, my sister and I arrived safely here in KY and surprised my brother. He was pleasantly shocke that we would come all this way just to be with him and his family. We love him.

Someday when our earth walk is over, we will arrive at our final destination of Heaven, and our Father will be waiting, arms open, to welcome us. He loves us.

Enjoy your earth walk today. Make today count!

No comments: