Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Christmas Cactus



For Christmas, a family in our church gave me a Christmas Cactus. Now I must tell you, anyone that you see or know is better with plants that I am. I am not a good keeper of things with leaves.

But let me tell you what this plant means to me when I look at it.

I see our Church....well it could be any Church that loves the Lord Jesus Christ. Each believer is independent of the other, but beautiful and comes together sharing the same soil and the same roots. I understand the blossoms will fall off, but the plant will not die. The more we get to know each other, the more we see each other without the bloom. We seem to stare at each other's stock instead of remembering the beauty we each have because of Christ. We share the same soil of life's hardships and challenges. Certain events like Christmas, where we have joint projects, goals and activities help us to see the BLOOM again in each of us, as we focus our hearts on CHRIST.

So I am thankful for this gift of a plant, for whether it blooms or not, it is ALIVE, giving out oxygen and having a divine purpose!

Our responsibility, in the Pastorate, is to care for our Gift, the local body of Believers, so that we can BLOOM and spread throughout the neighborhood, the city, our nation and even the world until Jesus comes again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts, Bonnie! I was blessed by them all! ~Darlene