Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tire Game



Yesterday I went to one of the Dollar stores and a game caught my eye. It was only five dollars and yet it sounded so different. It is a TIRE GAME and it comes with ten rubber goodyear tires that you are suppose to stack - one horizonal and then one vertical, over and over.

The little tires are very cute and I was anxious to try this when I got home.

At first it was looking VERY EASY and I laughed at my purchase. But I had great trouble with nine and ten. Over and over it would topple. I am not a real competitive person, but this was challenging to me. It is only TEN little tires, certainly I can handle this assignment! I tried several times.

My husband came home and I told him about my "FIND"....and how cute it is and how it will be fun to use for a review game in Sunday school, etc. He tried, looking real confident until he got to number nine himself.

When I was trying again, he was LOOKING AT IT ALL. And he suggested that I turn every other one (notice the picture) 90 degrees. So I did that, and I could feel more stability in the stack. I still haven't made it to ten....but I did learn how much more fun it is to BUILD when you have a helper.

Ken's looking out for me while I built, and my cheering him on when he was building, accomplished what the goal of the game is: to have fun together.

Life is not meant to be solitaire. It is meant to be with others.

So whatever you are building in your life, share it with someone, and find out that life can be truly much more meaningful when you do it as a family, a group, as friends, or as a Church.

Do not spend this day alone. Make a phone call. Visit a friend.

BUT GET INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE, and let them into yours.

No comments: