Friday, January 21, 2011

Surprise Drink!



My loving husband got a cold drink for himself out of the frig, and brought me over a glass. I was sitting at the computer writing an email. He said something like: "Maybe this will help your headache." Then he left to be sure the church is in order for tomorrow.

You know how your eyes can SEE something and KNOW what it is. I was so SHOCKED when I tasted it! I thought it was apple juice, and it was Vernor's Ginger Ale!

Now, don't get me wrong....I like Vernor's ginger ale very much, but my mind had told me it was apple juice, so I was taken by surprise! Once I tasted that it was still good, just different than I had expected, I could enjoy the cold drink my husband had shared with me.


My mind has a certain idea of what is going to happen in Church tomorrow. I expect the pews to be full of people of all ages. I expect people to come with hearts ready to hear the Word of God. I expect people to be at the altar in prayer and repentance. I expect deaf people to come, so they can HEAR the Word of God and learn how HE gives forgivness, life, and peace. I expect children to come so we can have a Sunday school class and use the crafts that I have ready. My mind is preparing for a powerful Sunday, with blessings uncountable.

BUT no matter what happens tomorrow in Church, I will rejoice because I am in God's House with God's people! And that will be enough for me. I will go to Church tomorrow to WORSHIP Jesus who is worthy of all praise for what HE did for me on Calvary. He is my Savior and my Lord!

Now back to finish my Ginger Ale, that was brought to me in LOVE.

No comments: